Tech, Luxury and Kitchen Appliance Categories Dominate Cyber Week Sales in 2018
As Cyber Week is coming to a close you may be sick of all the data and claims. The Q has 3 top trends from Cyber week that you will find interesting, especially if you are looking to reach holiday shoppers and gift givers this holiday season.
Cyber Monday 2018 is being named as the biggest shopping day recorded in history crossing the never before $8 billion mark. Retailers were pleased with the numbers, and they are still offering steep discounts to shoppers as the once deemed Cyber Monday is now Cyber Week, extending a full week.
ownerIQ has over 850+ retailers and brand partners and has access to holiday shoppers and gift givers shopping all categories this holiday season. ownerIQ’s data and decisioning technology works together to find shoppers ready to purchase, directing them to your site shortening the time to conversion and driving an increase in sales.
We observe billions of shopping behaviors from shoppers in-market for products in key gift-giving categories from our 850+ retailer and brand audience partners. These behaviors are cataloged down to the SKU level.
Ok, so what were the trends? In no particular order……
1.) High-price and high-ticket items were hot this year. Shoppers were interested in high priced items and gifts during Cyber Week. Here are 10 of the highest revenue producing products for our retailer partners included:
- Wireless In-Ear Headphones – Jam out to some holiday music
- HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Cameras w/ Night Vision – The gift of safety is a safe bet.
- 15” and 17”16GB HP Laptops – Technology is always a crowd pleaser.
- Cashmere Sweaters – Gift of warmth trending this holiday season
- KitchenAid 4.5 QT Stand mixer – The Christmas baking starts now
- Instant Pot DUO80 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker 8-Qt. – Shoppers love saving time during the holidays and this has been a hot gift
- Canon Rebel T6 18MP DSLR Wi-Fi Camera with 18-55, 75-300mm Lenses & Accs – – Capture all the holiday magic.
- iRobot Rooma i7+ – Why vacuum when the Rooma will do it for you
- MICHAEL KORS Leather Satchel and MICHAEL KORS Belted Coats – Stay warm and in style this holiday
- Diamond Cluster Stud Earrings – Luxury items were a hit this year
2.) Tech, Luxury, and Kitchen were the top categories for this year’s shopper’s based on ownerIQ retail and brand data. It’s not surprising that higher ticket items are the most sold during Cyber Week. Shoppers don’t want to buy stocking stuffers during Cyber Week but more expensive items in the $200 and up category. Retailers were offering the highest incentives and discounts off large ticket items. What is interesting is the types of items in each category that brought in each show trends past the normal gift giving items.
3.) Purchases are happening on both mobile and desktop. Shoppers are making converting on the devices they are seeing advertisements on. According to ownerIQ cross-device data of all users that were served impressions on:
- Mobile Web, 90% converted on Phone
- Mobile In-App, 93% converted on their Phone
- Desktop, 97% converted on desktop
Are you looking to reach holiday shoppers this season in these categories or others? ownerIQ can help you, these audiences are available to you through ownerIQ directly or the DSP of your choice. Reach out today to Info@ownerIQ.com to get started!